Northern Colorado Math Circles
indian woman dating american man Information about NoCO Math Circles
The mission of NoCO see this site Math Teachers Circle is to create an opportunity for middle school teachers in Northern Colorado to work on interesting mathematics problems in a setting that enriches middle school teachers’ mathematics content knowledge. By working on rich mathematical problems together, we expect that our participants will enhance their understanding of mathematics and approach mathematical problems more confidently. In addition, we expect that by modeling student-centered and inquiry-based ways of teaching mathematics, our teacher participants will become more comfortable using these teaching strategies in their own classrooms. Finally, we hope to get teachers excited about mathematics, a subject they chose to teach, through fun explorative approaches and to forge new professional relationships among middle school teachers and university mathematics professors.
The mission of NoCO here are the findings Student Math Circle is to provide opportunity for local students in grades 4th through 8th to work on challenging mathematics problems in a setting that contributes to their mathematics knowledge. This newly established component of our program has been widely successful in its first pilot year with 6 evening monthly evening sessions with increased number of participants in each session from 12 students in the first session to 22 students in the last session. In addition, we hosted a three-day summer workshop with 52 local students at our first summer camp at UNC.
Fall 2018 Monthly Evening Sessions
- como conocer chicos en la calle Math Student Circle at UNCO Math Department, Ross Hall, Room 2090 (Second floor)
- flirten gesprächsthema Math Teachers’ Circle at UNCO Math Department, Ross Hall, Room 2060 (Second floor)
- http://yuktung.com.my/esnew/1127 Cancelled-Monday October 15 from 5:30-7:00pm.
- PLEASE feel free to share our flyers!
- Tentative summer 2019 dates:
- Student Summer Math Camp: June 3-7, 2019 at UNCO from 9am to 4pm.
- NEW! We will sponsor a special problem-solving event for UNCO undergraduate students at César Chávez Cultural Center of UNCO on October 18, Thursday from 7:00pm-8:30pm.
Sponsors of Our Circles:
In addition to support from the University of Northern Colorado School of Mathematical Sciences and the College of Natural Health and Sciences, our Circles received funding from
- State Farm Insurance (Since 2012)
- MAA Dolciani Mathematics Enrichment Grants (2016-2018)
- Littler Youth Fund-Community Foundation (2016-2017)
- BBVA Compass
- Work-out West of Greeley
- Cache Bank & Trust,
- Bank of Colorado, and
- individual donors.
We are grateful for their contributions!
Want to Make Donation to Northern Colorado Math Circles?
We appreciate any donation you can make to the Northern Colorado Math Circles (Teachers & Students). Donate online to our Circles (Fund # 9434).
Donations made to our program-the Northern Colorado Math Circles, are administered by the UNC Foundation office. The UNC Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization. All gifts to the Foundation are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. You should consult with your tax attorney/advisor concerning the deductibility of your gift.